What Information Do We Collect?
As described in detail below, we may collect certain identifying information from or about you in connection with your use of, or your submissions to, the System (collectively, the “Collected Information”). Collected Information includes, without limitation, any information related to an identified or identifiable individual (“personal data”), including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home, business, or other physical address, business name, a phone number, an email address, employer name, employer information (i.e., employer address and other identifying information. With respect to the Seachem Select Dealer program, we also collect information on the amount and quantity of Seachem products purchased through distribution channels for purposes of administering the Select Dealer Program. The terms and conditions of the Select Dealer program are incorporated herein by reference, and this policy is also made a part of the Select Dealer Program Terms and conditions. Seachem uses the information we collect to provide the Services that are available via the Websites and Mobile Application(s). In order to continuously improve your service and tailor our subsequent communications to you, we may also ask you to provide us with additional information regarding your demographics, comments, professional interests, and contact preferences.
Cookies and Usage Reports
By placing a small file known as a "cookie" on your computer (or other device), Seachem’s and its third party service providers’ servers passively gather information about all visitors' use of the System for several reasons, including, but not limited to, the following: statistics collection and analysis, System optimization, analytics (as described below), market research, and maintenance of user login information. The information that we and our third party service providers track with cookies includes, but is not limited to, the type of browser (such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) and Internet-connected devices being used to access the System, your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, your home domain or Internet service provider, your referrer URL (which is the URL for the website that you were viewing prior to visiting the System), how you were directed to the System, which specific pages you access on the System, how long you view each page, the time and date you access our System and the total number of visitors to the System and any portions thereof. We, and/or our third party service providers, may use the information collected from cookies or similar files on your computer for security purposes (such as authentication), to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting the System. This data helps us and our third party service providers improve our respective product and services.
Most popular Internet browser applications will allow you to configure the browser so as not to accept cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies may, in certain instances, prevent you from taking full advantage of the System (or some portion thereof) and its capabilities, or cause some features of the System to function improperly or more slowly.
Google Analytics and Web Beacons
Some of the areas of the System may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow Seachem, and its third party providers or affiliates, to count and track users who have visited certain portions of the System. Web beacons collect only limited information and do not collect any of your personal data. Specifically, Seachem plans to use a type of web beacon known as a “retargeting pixel,” which will allow users to receive targeted advertising from Seachem via certain social media websites, including Facebook.com.
How Can I Opt-Out of Promotional Correspondence?
We may send you emails with promotional offers only if you opt-in to receiving such emails. If you would no longer like to receive information, newsletters or other promotional messages from us, please click the link at the bottom of any such email you receive from us and follow the instructions, or alternatively you may contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” or “REMOVE” in the subject line. Your email address will be removed from our marketing list. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request, as some promotions may already be in process.
Online Account Management
- you expressly authorize Seachem to do so,
- it is necessary to allow Seachem’s service providers, agents, or other third parties to provide products or services for or to Seachem,
- it is necessary in order to provide the System or the Services,
- Seachem is sending you other information that may be useful to you,
- subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, it is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on Seachem’s behalf or to other entities with whom Seachem has joint marketing agreements
- it is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of your records,
- it is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, verifying identity, age, and/or payment details, investigating complaints about the System, risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, customer purchasing preferences and trends and dispute resolution,
- it is necessary to comply with law enforcement, governmental mandate, or other legal requirement, if appropriate, for your protection or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of possible unlawful activity;
- subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, it is necessary in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Seachem or the merger of Seachem into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which Seachem is not the survivor, or
- it is otherwise necessary for Seachem to disclose it as required or permitted by law.
With Whom Do We Share Information That We Collect?
We do not sell, rent, or lease our user lists or the identity of individual users to third parties. However, Seachem may use and disclose certain aggregated, anonymized information, such as System usage data, to our trusted business partners. Such information may also be shared with other users or the general public for advertising, informational, or comparison purposes. However, such information shall not be personally identifiable to any user.
As Seachem grows and develops its business, it is possible that its corporate structure or organization might change or that it might merge or otherwise combine with, or that it or portions of its business might be acquired by, another company. In any such transactions, customer information generally is, and should be expected to be, one of the transferred business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, your information may be considered a company asset that may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Any personal data you provide us when applying for a career position with our Seachem will be used solely to consider and act upon your application. We may retain your personal data for a period of time, but only for as long as necessary for such purposes. We may disclose your personal data to our agents for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position you applied for, or other available positions. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties hired by us to collect, maintain, and analyze candidates for career positions.
Sweepstakes, Promotions, Contests & Surveys
On the System, you may wish to participate in certain online polls, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions (including the Seachem Select Dealer program) that may be offered from time to time by us, a partner, or other entity through which you are using the System. Participation in these polls, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and promotions is completely voluntary; you have a choice about whether or not to disclose information required to enter. Information requested may include Collected Information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, mobile phone number, e-mail address, username, company name, and/or similar information. Through these online polls, surveys and promotions, you may choose to participate in activities such as sharing information with others and sending email invitations. In connection with any online polls, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions that may be offered from time to time via the System by us, we use the information you provide to administer the polls, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. Subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, we also may use the information to communicate with you, or the other people you select, about our services or products. Any information that you submit to one of our partners or another entity through which you are using the System in the course of any poll, survey, contest, sweepstakes, or promotion offered by any third party shall be fully at your own risk, and Seachem hereby disclaims all responsibility for any losses, liability, damages, or expenses that may arise from your submission of such information.
What Choices Do You Have?
When submitting information, corresponding, making requests for information, and otherwise interacting with Seachem and its representatives through or in connection with the System, you choose what information to supply or submit, whether you wish to receive further information, and how you may be contacted. Please take care to share only such information as is needed or that you believe is appropriate. Any promotional email we send to you will contain a link which will allow you to opt out of receiving any further correspondence. If you have created an online account, you may also change your correspondence preferences by logging into your account. You may disable your online account access at any time; however, this will not necessarily result in the deletion of any Collected Information.
How Do We Protect Data Collected About You?
- How long the personal data is required to respond to your request, provide the products or services to you, or operate our business.
- Whether you have provided consent for a longer retention period.
- Whether Seachem is subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain the data.
Social Media Platforms and Websites
Visiting The System From Outside The United States
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to whom we have disclosed certain personal data (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at email@example.com For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via telephone, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or have not been sent properly, or that do not have complete information. Please allow 30 days for a response.
Your Privacy Rights
Data subjects in the European Economic Area and certain other territories may have certain rights under applicable data protection law, including the right to:
- Request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data. You may have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you, to have inaccurate or incomplete data rectified, or to have personal data we hold about you erased in certain circumstances (such as when it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected).
- Request restriction of processing of personal data concerning you. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate).
- Object to processing. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that we stop processing your Personal Data and/or stop sending you direct marketing communications.
- Data portability. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be provided with your Personal Data in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format or to request that we transfer the personal data to another data controller.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time.
Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.To exercise your rights, you may contact us as set forth in the ‘Whom Can You Contact For More Information’ section below. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with your request.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Do Not Track Requests
Whom Can You Contact For More Information?
If you have any questions or suggestions about the System, Seachem, our services, or our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you correspond with Seachem through the System or via email, the Collected Information may include the content of, and metadata regarding, any correspondence you may have with us. We may share your messages with those within our organization who are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message. We may archive your message for a certain period of time or discard it.